Posted July 17, 2012 by fran @ 12:21 pm
Ideas can either make or break your ad campaigns. Even if you’ve found the perfect online ad network that offers fast and easy services with ad formats that are great for your products or services, your campaign won’t take off if it isn’t backed by interesting ideas and solid strategies. That’s why continuously coming up with unique concepts is key to having long lasting success in advertising. You always have to strive to keep those good ideas coming in order to stay ahead of the competition and gain more customers.
The good news is there isn’t a shortage of resources that you can draw ideas from. You may think that inspiration is hard to find these days, but the truth is, there are plenty of brilliant concepts to go around, you just have to know where to look.
Not sure where to start? Check out the 5 websites below. These unsung blogs are excellent sources of the most brilliant ads out there, and you should definitely visit them if you need to get your creative juices flowing.
1. Between 10 and 5 – This site showcases the most creative works in the advertising world and beyond. From graphic designs and photographs, to print, video, and TV ads, Between 10 and 5 is an awesome resource for all things creative. See the story behind your favorite TV advertisement or discover obscure but excellent works on the site.
2. Adverblog – Founded in 2003, Adverblog aims to deliver “the best and forget the rest” in digital advertising and marketing. Check this blog and see some of the most interesting advertisements in the world. What’s great about Adverblog though, is that the guys and girls behind it don’t just upload a couple of videos or images then call it a blog post. They actually insert their own insights and tell a little bit of the stories behind the ads, ensuring that each post is an interesting one.
3. Ads of the World – This website offers the ultimate archive of great ads from all around the globe. Aside from showcasing creative works though, Ads of the World also offers a forum where members are able to discuss any topic related to advertising. Feel free to ask questions, comment, and critique. Need a job or looking for one? Check out the jobs forum and you could just find the advertising career that you’re looking for.
4. AdPulp – This site has a more activist slant in the industry. You’ll find a lot of great ad campaigns here, but on top of that, the guys at AdPulp post informative commentaries about ads and what’s happening in the industry, and the site strikes the perfect balance between being entertaining and informative. Be sure to check it out!
5. The Canned Banners Notebook – Canned Banners is a website that allows people to create their own banner ads with the use of their ad builder. They also have a blog called “The Canned Banners Notebook” wherein they showcase some of their clients as well as provide tips for effective ads in general. This site is must-visit if you need inspiration for your banner ads.
Image credit: photosteve101 on Flickr
Admedia Services & Resources
contextual ads || advertising solutions || cost of online advertising || re-targeting || contextual affiliate || xml search feed || effective online advertising || in text advertising || interstitial ads