Posted June 21, 2018 by Abhishek Pandey @ 1:50 am
Instagram has become the forefront for industries investing in Advertisement lately. From its user-friendly story feed to its awesome video feature, it is the place for people who love trend in their lifestyle. Instagram provides these unique features not only to the user but also to the marketers who are provided with audiences of various demographics. Though the user assessment and unique Ad features remain almost easy, Instagram has made it easier to join its platform for business purposes also. So, once you have been added as a Business Instagrammer, you need to know the Instagram Ad Sizes in order to advertise. Here is a detailed guide to Instagram Ad Sizes for 2018-
Instagram Ad Sizes for 2018 – Landscape Image (1200 x 628)
While uploading the Landscape images on Instagram, do note that these images are generally wider and will not take the traditional full square of the Instagram Post. It has been studied by the Chicago School of Media Theory which explains the Landscape art. The Landscape art is a representation of mountains, prairies or inland scenery to focus more on the spectator. They have unique feature and purpose as well to show the entire scene and not just one or single post. This type of images is ideal for brands which like to capture the best sceneries in the world or say they use it for photojournalism. Here are the guidelines to the same-
- Instagram landscape image ad size is 1200 x 628 pixels.
- The proper aspect ratio is 1.9:1.
- All formats should be either JPG or PNG.
- The image files are 30MB max.
- All image and video captions max are 2,200 characters, but 125 is recommended.
Instagram Ad Sizes for 2018 – Square Images (1080 x 1080)
Landscape Images are good, but they cover most of the space for the overall post layout. They mostly focus on the width and hence the size matters. That is where the Square Images for Instagram work profusely. It does not use all the space provided per post. Here you don’t require to limit your scenic images to landscape, but the Square format will not let it down. Here are the guidelines to the Images –
- Instagram square image ad size is 1080 x 1080 pixels.
- The proper aspect ratio is 1:1.
Instagram Ad Sizes for 2018 – Vertical Image (600 x 750)
The vertical image size is the most popular photo size on Instagram and is mostly used by the general population. This is due to the fact it’s what your image is preset to when you snap an image on the app or upload one. As far as the specifications are concerned, overall ratio and resolution change only. Here are the Image guidelines-
- Instagram vertical image ad size is 600 x 750 pixels minimum resolution (1936 x 1936 pixels maximum resolution).
- The proper aspect ratio is 4:5.
Instagram Ad Sizes for Videos
Around 25% of all the media that gets uploaded on Instagram are single video features. The popularity has surged for these videos nowadays. The popularity of video isn’t just surging on Instagram either. But to make sure you’re on top of your video strategy, you must ensure you’re using the correct sizes and specs. So, what should be the ideal resolution for Instagram Video Ads?
Instagram Ad Sizes for 2018 – Landscape Videos (600 x 315)
These kinds of videos are very popular and have same scenic influence also. Here are the guidelines for Instagram Video Ads –
- Instagram landscape video Ad is 600 x 315 pixels (minimum).
- The proper aspect ratio is 1:91:1.
- Recommended video formats include MP4 and MOV.
- Max video size for all formats is 4GB.
- Max video length for all formats is 60 seconds.
- Video max frames are 30fps for all formats.
Instagram Ad Sizes for 2018 – Square Videos (600 x 600)
Not much changes when you select the Instagram square video format. Pay attention to how your ad and call to action appear on a mobile device–not to crop anything important in the actual video. Here are the guidelines for the video ads-
- Instagram square video ad is 600 x 600 pixels (minimum).
- The proper aspect ratio is 1:1.