Posted June 5, 2012 by fran @ 10:27 am
Whether you’re an advertiser with products to sell, or a publisher with messages and articles to write, keeping up with the latest developments in online advertising is important if you want to continuously generate leads and make money online. New developments, tools, and products are always coming out and it pays to know about these things and see what you can apply in your business. Additionally, you should keep yourself abreast with the latest advertising campaigns to generate ideas and inspiration for your own ad campaigns.
Aside from RSS feeds and online readers, one of the best ways to keep your posted on current events is through Twitter. Not only does the microblogging site collate information from various sources, it also delivers updates in real-time so can always get fresh information in your feed. Of course, your Twitter account is only as good as the users that you follow and if you want to get the best in online advertising, you have to make sure that you’re following the right people.
Below are five of the best accounts in the Twitterverse. Follow their updates and you’ll never miss an important online advertising tidbit again.
1. ad:tech (@adtech) – Considered as the top digital marketing event in the industry, ad:tech brings together the most insightful people in online advertising to share their knowledge. Aside from tweeting about their events though, the ad:tech Twitter account also delivers tips and current events surrounding the online advertising industry. Ad:tech also curates information from the most reputable and authoritative sources in advertising, so you can be confident their tweets are always reliable.
2. Ad Age (@adage) – Want to get constant doses of advertising news and commentary? Then @adage is a must-follow. It’s one of the go-to sources about ads, marketing, agencies and the like, and offers boh straight and unbiased news, as well as opinions and commentaries from knowledgeable individuals. Follow this account to get an in-depth look at the industry.
3. Adrants (@adrants) – See the world of advertsising from @adrants’ edgy perspective. Adrants delivers marketing, advertising, and social media news with attitude and includes some creative commentary as well. Follow their Twitter account and don’t miss any of their interesting posts!
4. AdFreak (@adfreak) – Ads, ads, ads. That’s what AdFreak is all about. If you want to see the crazy ads that companies would release just to get people to buy, then AdFreak has all the crazy you need. From viral videos to weird display banners, you’ll always find new and innovative ads from AdFreak. Be sure to follow them on Twitter as they post updates several times a day.
5. AdMedia (@ad_media) – Not to toot our own horn here, but AdMedia’s Twitter account is rich with industry news, great ad campaigns, and information on cool products. Be sure to follow us on Twitter to get the lowdown on what’s happening in the realm of online advertising. The AdMedia team is always developing innovative products so having us in your Twitter feed will keep you in the know. Additionally, since we’re always looking for great talent, you’ll often find Tweets about new job openings in our Twitter stream.
Image credit: JoshSemans on Flickr